Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tribute to my Brother.

April 2004 My eldest Brother Donald suddenly passed away at the young age of 54, he was just 7 months of retiring and had planned a cruise that he and his wife and friends were going on, sadly he never got to go nor did he live to see the births of his 3 beautiful grand daughters. Donald worked for Connex since he was 14 years of age, he was based at Epping in the maintenance workshop in a managerial position looking after over 300 men/woman, as a tribute to him they named a train in his honor.



My nephew Greg had been wanting to do a tribute to his dad and 2 weeks ago this is what he got, it was taken from the above photo which was published in the Dandenong Journal


I just couldn't believe how lifelike his tattoo is, I am so proud of you Greg and think it's a fantastic way of paying a tribute to your Dad, he not only lives on in your heart but is with you constantly.
I miss Donald very much and think of him every day, he was a wonderful son, brother, husband and father and was well respected by those that knew him. I could talk with him about anything knowing he would never judge but listen but if advise was required he would give it.
RIP my dear Brother xxxx

No comments: