Saturday, November 8, 2008

And now for Quilting

I made this quilt for my Brother Paul, it was meant to be a gift for him Christmas 2007, but it's still not finished, all I have to do is the binding now, but it's one of those I'll get around to it...
Hand pieced, hand quilted. All the pictures depict parts of his life...
Oh and that's me peaking around the side.

In May 2006, My friend Jackie and I decided to take a class in Patchwork, so with some searching on Google we came across Lorraine who held classes, we decided to make a sampler quilt, mine was 9 patches and jackie made a queen size which was a giant task to take on for a first quilt, thinking she would be able to finish it in 5/6 months...17 months later it was finished, mind you she pieced and quilted the entire quilt by hand....well done Jackie !!
Mine was also pieced and hand quilted. I also gave this to my mother, but I'm sure she doesn't use it as she said it's too nice to be used.


Quilt as you go - 12" blocks, hand pieced and hand quilted.


This one I made for my Friend David in 2006, again hand pieced and machine quilted.


This was the first quilt I made, handpieced and machine quilted. It was made with 4" flanelette blocks and backed with Flanelette. I gave it to my mum for her 79th birthday in 2006. I must say at the time I was proud of my achievement but since then my patchwork/quilting has come a long way.



No comments: