Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bitch n Stitch Night


Tonight was our usual friday night Bitch N Stitch, but I decided that I wouldn't do any stitching, it's not as if I didn't have anything to do but I decided I would make these little boots which will adorn the Christmas Lunch Table, these will hold the cutlery along with a serviette and a candy cane and will be put on each plate. I have held Christmas at my house for the last ummmm errrrr 20 years, it was always at My mum and Dad's house but many years ago mum had a stroke and wasn't well enough to do it, so I took it on, and it's stayed with me all these years, It's a lot of work but I enjoy having it. We have the traditional hot lunch and for dinner cold meat and salads followed by deserts. Lunch this year won't be big, my mother, brother Paul, sister inlaw Glenys and the three of us. During the afternoon my nieces and nephews and their spouses and children all call come to visit us and hand out the gifts that Santa has left for the little ones. After tea when all the dishes are done and the dining room and kitchen have been cleaned up is when I can sit and relax, I like to make sure the day goes well for my Mum, she's 81 so my time with her is precious and I like to make Christmas a special time for her, it's not easy for her as my dad is no longer with us and neither is my eldest brother, so christmas day for her is quiet emotional as it was the day when she would have her entire family around her, she has her little cry but then she picks herself up and enjoys the day. So anyone that has elderly parents make this day a special day for them.


No comments: