Sunday, January 4, 2009
My Oh My Ohh My !!...I have just received my FIRST award, The Spirit of Christmas Award From Soozii. Thankyou Soozie. I shall do my best to honor this award.
The conditions associated with this award mean that I am to name 5 reasons why I love Christmas.
1. The Giving and Receiving of Presents, more so the giving than receiving, although I do love to receive "surplises", I am not one to give a present on a nominated day, but christmas is just one of those days when I can give to those that I hold dear to my heart.
2. Christmas eve My mother and Father would come over and stay until boxing day, now that my father is no longer with us My Mother continues the tradition. I love having her come and stay and doing everything I can to make her day special.
3. Sitting down at christmas dinner the conversation always turns to when we were kids and my mum always remembers what I'd like to forget..still it's a enjoyable day, filled with laughter, enourmous amounts of food, family come and going, phone calls, text messages and who could forget...DISHES !!!
4. A time to reflect on things I could have done better, on things I would like to do and try to achieve those things. Sometimes our lives get away from us and I often find myself thinking I wish I had done !!!! so this is a time when I can spend time with my mum and do things for her that I normally can't do when I am working during the week.
5. To relax after the big day and to hope that everybody enjoyed Christmas Day.
I would live to thank Soozii for nominating me for this special award, and in return I would like to give this to Jacki from Jackie's Jam session. Jackie has been my friend for many years and for nearly 2 years our friendship has blossomed into being "stitch N Bitch" friends.